In this episode, Dr. Misner calls in from Toronto to talk about Global Networking with Niri S. Patel from Yorkshire and Robert French from Korea.
So why would people want to network internationally?
- To be really successful, you have to find a trend and work your way into it. The trend now is toward social networking and high-touch
- The center of gravity of the global economy is shifting eastwards to China and India. Graduates of Oxford and Cambridge are being recruited to work at Indian multinationals.
- The credit crunch opens the way to profitable East-West collaborations and means that the fast will win over the slow.
How can members develop resourceful international relationships quickly?
- Use events worldwide, such as BNI Worldwide’s International Members Event in Kuala Lumpur in May 2008.
- Ask your trusted network “Who do you know who…?”
- Ask the people you see trading internationally how they do it.
- Raise your profile with international contacts via Ecademy, LinkedIn and the BNI Yahoo! Group.
The world is moving fast. We have to move fast. Jump on it. Go to these international events.
Sponsored by Networking Now.