We mentioned exit interviews in Episode 222; in this episode, Dr. Misner explains how exit interviews came to BNI.
Many years ago a terrific BNI member, someone who really seemed to love BNI, quit unexpectedly. Dr. Misner designed an exit interview and found out that the real reason the member was leaving was because another member had behaved unethically. The membership committee confronted this other member and removed the person from the chapter, allowing the first member to stay.
Here are some of the questions in an exit interview:
- What are your reasons for leaving?
- Did you find that BNI was beneficial to you?
- What did you like most about BNI?
- Was there anything you disliked about BNI? If so, what was it and how would you change it?
- Did you feel you were well-informed about the activities and benefits of BNI?
- Did you meet for lunch with other members of the group? How often?
Take this podcast to your leadership team. And download your own copy of “The Significance and Value of the Exit Interview” below.
Brought to you by Networking Now.