Special guest Mike Roberts, Executive Director of BNI New Hampshire, joins Dr. Misner today to talk about the difference between Power Teams and Contact Spheres. Dr. Misner first coined the term “Contact Sphere” in 1994. BNI members have wanted to take that idea further, which led to the creation of Power Teams.
- A Contact Sphere is a group of symbiotic professions who have a good opportunity to provide referrals to each other.
- A Power Team is a group of individuals who have actively committed to generate business for each other.
The fourth edition of The World’s Best-Known Marketing Secret addresses this difference on page 155. The Power Team is contained within the Contact Sphere. Only BNI members for whom you can regularly generate business (and vice versa) should be on your Power Team.
Recommendations for a Successful Power Team
- Meet with your Power Team weekly, or at minimum every other week.
- Have a chairperson for the meeting.
- Have each member describe a good referral.
- Brainstorm ways to get others in the Power Team involved in each project.
An effective Power Team generates more referrals for the rest of the chapter as well as for its own members.
Brought to you by Networking Now.