This is a rebroadcast of Episode 117.
Today’s special guest is Mirna Bard and her topic is aligning online social networking with in-person networking. Here are some things you need to remember about social networking.
- It’s about people, not about technology. That makes it simple.
- Social networking will never replace in-person networking, but they work will together. (See episode 103 for more about this.)
- When you meet someone at an event, invite them to connect on LinkedIn, Facebook, Fast Pitch, or Twitter.
- When you meet someone online, invite them to meet up in person.
- The VCP process (visibility, credibility, profitability) still applies in online networking.
Part Two of this interview will bring us rules for building relationships online.
Brought to you by Networking Now.