In business, if you really sit down and think about what you’re going to do and how you’re going to do it, you tend to be much more successful. Dr Misner came up with 9 different things to think about when preparing to listen to The Official BNI podcast, and Priscilla adds a suggestion.
- Listen in your office and take notes (or print the transcripts and highlight them).
- Listen to the podcasts in your car. Anything you can listen to and learn when you’re in traffic is awesome.
- Download the podcasts from iTunes and listen to them on your mobile device.
- Listen to podcasts when you’re doing the dishes, walking the dog, or exercising.
- Education coordinators can provide short summaries of an episode or play a clip from one.
- Hand out a transcript at a meeting and talk about it.
- Assign specific podcasts based on what the group needs and discuss them at the next meeting.
- Use the search function on the BNI Podcast website to find the episodes most relevant to you.
- Assign podcasts to new members or those who are struggling with part of the BNI program.
- BNI Directors should be assigning podcasts to people who are working on developing networking skills.
Some Podcast Stats as of January 2nd, 2018
There are 538 published episodes, minus 78 rebroadcasts = 460 unique episodes.
Each episode is approximately 10 minutes long. 460 x 10 = 4600 minutes, or 76 hours and 40 minutes of listening time–and that’s a conservative estimate.
Listening to every single episode is a marathon task, but you can sort podcasts by category, tag, or series to find the ones that interest you most.
If you have more ideas about how to listen to the BNI Podcast, let us know in the comments. And thank you for listening!
Brought to you by the Networking for Success Channel on YouTube.