This is a rebroadcast of Episode 393.
Today’s topic is near and dear to Dr. Misner: he’s talking about what he learned from starting BNI 30 years ago. Here are 7 factors that contributed to the growth of BNI—and he didn’t learn them in business school.
- Set goals. You can’t hit targets you aren’t aiming at.
- Reverse-engineer your goals. If you have a 12-month goal, figure out where you’re supposed to be at 3, 6, 9 months.
- Do six things a thousand times, not a thousand things six times. Success comes from being like a dog with a bone.
- Create a larger vision. It’s never too early in your business—or too late.
- Maintain personal engagement. Don’t step too far back. Absentee owners hurt their businesses.
- Ignorance on fire is better than knowledge on ice. Commitment and enthusiasm make a huge difference.
- Do what you love and you’ll love what you do. Work in the flame, not in the wax.
Brought to you by the Global Networking Show.