People often ask “How do I stay in touch with people?” or “How do I get back in touch with people that I haven’t seen or spoken to lately?”
You have to start by making a commitment to improve in this area. If you haven’t been good at this in the past, start to focus on improving today.
- Sort through your lists. You can’t stay in touch with everyone. Create a shortlist of people you want to maintain a relationship with.
- Use the system they use. If these people are really important to you, show up where they are: email, social networks, telephone, What’sApp.
- Use social media platforms to share news and updates. This way people can see what you’re up to even if you don’t send a personal message.
- Send a letter or card by snail mail–at least once in a while.
- Use messaging systems like Skype or Facebook Messenger.
- Make periodic phone calls. In some cases, a regularly scheduled call is appropriate and effective.
- Meet face to face. Nothing beats actually meeting someone face to face and having a conversation.
Do you have a strategy to add? Or an example of how you use one of the seven? Share it in the comments.
Brought to you by the Networking for Success YouTube Channel.