If your personal referral network isn’t working the way you expect, it’s time to turn things around. Are you helping them in the same way you want them to help you? The best way to get your network motivated is to be motivated yourself.
Before you blame your network for the lack of referrals, ask yourself:
- Have you followed up with the referrals?
- Have you educated your network about your business? Your job is not to close a sale, but to train a sales force.
- Have you made it clear who you’re looking for as clients? If you’re looking for vice-presidents of major corporations, say so.
- Have you built up the trust that encourages people to refer their own best clients to you?
- Are you holding your network accountable? A BNI group is not a kaffe klatsch.
It’s your responsiblity to make your referral network work for you.
Sponsored by Networking Now.