- Prepare (or at least pretend like you did). If you’re not able to prepare as well as you’d like, don’t apologize or express disappointment. The visitors won’t know what you meant to do and didn’t.
- Everybody has to do a little heavy lifting. The most successful Visitors Days are the ones where everyone in the chapter contributes. TEAM = Together Everyone Achieves More.
- Arrive early and stay late. The times before and after the meeting are great opportunities to make connections with the visitors. Stick around and answer questions.
- Make 3-5 connections. It’s okay if you don’t meet every visitor, as long as you make good connections with a few. Dig deep and develop the relationship. Visitors can bring you business even when they don’t join your chapter.
- Have fun. BNI members are good at having fun at their regular meetings. Make sure that you also have fun on Visitors Days. It helps to show them what BNI is really like.
Brought to you by the Networking for Success Channel on YouTube.