The easiest way to be seen as a bore is to talk about yourself. Your goal at a networking event is to make yourself memorable by not talking about yourself. In honor of International Networking Week, Dr. Misner shares 5 good questions to ask at a networking event.
- What do you like best about what you do?
- What got you started in this profession?
- Where else do you usually network?
- What are some of your biggest challenges?
- How can I help you? (Don’t ask this unless you mean it and plan to follow through.)
Do you have favorite questions to ask at networking events? Share them in the comments.
Brought to you by the Networking for Success Channel on YouTube.