Today’s episode is based on an article Dr. Misner wrote for SuccessNet a few months ago. BNI Merseyside in the UK hired an independent firm (Murray Consulting) to conduct a survey on the value of BNI membership.
Here are the results of the 2012 survey.
- The average amount of business gained from BNI referrals in the last 12 months was £23,700 (or $37,055).
- When asked about further orders they had received as the multiplier effect of BNI referrals, BNI members were able to think of, on average, an additional £11,300 (or $17,668) per year of membership.
- Combining closed business in the last 12 months with the average value of 2nd/ 3rd generation referrals in a year gives a true value of a BNI seat of £35,000 (or $54,720) per year.
- On average, members who were involved in BNI for 7 years generated £245,000 (or $383,038) since they joined, thereby underpinning the lifetime value of BNI.
- Value to the total membership in the region equaled £16 million or $25 million per year with over £300,000 or $469,000 per week for a single region of 500 members.
- BNI Merseyside created six millionaires.
- Members who attended training saw their business increase 58% compared to those who did not attend training programs.
Brought to you by Networking Now.