Dr. Misner first discussed The Misner Plan in Episode 336, after he was diagnosed with prostate cancer. At that time, he published a quick-and-dirty Kindle book called The Misner Plan. Now, he and his wife have collaborated with a professional chef and a medical doctor to create a new book called Healing Begins in the Kitchen.
So why talk about a health book on a networking podcast? Because you can’t go to meetings, you can’t get referrals, and you can’t do any business if you’re sick. If you want to be successful in business, you have to be successful in health.
Here are five changes that Dr. Misner made at work to boost his health and that of his team. You can too.
- Install a hot and cold water filtration system instead of drinking bottled water, to avoid BPAs from plastic.
- Get as many people in the office as you can engaged in a health plan of some sort.
- Always provide healthy alternatives at staff lunches and celebrations.
- Start a walking club at the office, or even a contest to see who can walk furthest in 60 days. Encourage people to bike to work.
- Do creative things to keep morale high and reduce stress.
By making these changes to his diet and exercise, Dr. Misner lost 40 pounds in 3 months. You can see before and after pictures on the Misner Plan Facebook Page.
Proceeds from the book are being donated to health research.
Brought to you by the Networking for Success Channel on YouTube.